Micro-cannulas are mini flexible versions of liposuction cannula borrowed over from Plastic Surgery. A blunt cannula or a micro cannula is also known as a blunt tip small cannula, which is a tube that has a non-sharp edge used for injection purposes for the skin. It has ports on the side allowing the product to be dispensed more evenly.
A blunt cannula allows blood vessels to be ‘pushed aside’ as the micro cannula moves around the tissue under the skin instead of piercing the blood vessels as with traditional needles.
1) Accuracy: The filler can be placed with great precision at any facial area.
2) Safety: The blunt tip of cannula prevents intra-arterial injection, reducing trauma to the tissue and decreases the risk for blood vessel rupture, intravenous and/or arterial embolisms.
3) Comfort: The entire lip, nasolabial fold, mandibular sulcus, cheek, or temple area can be augmented through a single puncture site. Only 2-4 entry points are needed for full face injections.
4) Speed: Procedures with micro-cannulae are less time-consuming.
5) Recovery: The social downtime associated with traditional technique is practically eliminated with less edema and swelling and minor bruising and/or vessel laceration.
6) Flexibility: Cannulas allow access to virtually any area of the facial anatomy for improvement with fillers.
● Blunt & Sharp needle kit is available